Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Enrollment!

Just came back from school. My legs are so tired from walking. House to school to house to school to house! Ano baaah?



When I arrived at ANHS I realized I'd left my report card at home [I'd insterted it in a Robinson's Department Store brochure.] So, I went back home to get it. When I was just about to enter the Science Faculty Room, where Science High students were to enroll themselves, I folded out the brochure I just grabbed off the dining table. And guess what? No report card! I'd grabbed the wrong brochure.

And so, I walked out the main gate and started yet another long walk home. My house isn't really that far from school. In fact, it's actually kind of near. But after walking on San Francisco Street for the third time that day without ever sitting down, it started to feel like miles.

When I reached Building 203, I rushed immediately to the dining table, totally ignoring Nanay's visitor who was having a glass of iced tea in the living room. Impolite, yes, but I was in a hurry so, I'm sorry! I looked at the dining table. There were like twelve or more brochures [which looked a lot alike] resting their glossy paper behinds on the one-fourth inch thick glass! I searched through every Robinson's brochure on the dining table but, since I couldn't find it in any of the brochures on the dining table, my report card was obviously somewhere else.

I was starting to get frustrated. I didn't get it. Questions, both of the necessary and totally unnecessary sorts, came rushing in. Why wasn't my report card in any of the Robinson's brochures on the dining table? Why were there suddenly so many brochures in our house? Who had had such a sudden interest in brochures that was making my search more complicated than it should have been? Why was Nanay's visitor sipping iced tea in front of the electric fan and I wasn't?

I decided to make like Nanay's visitor and cool off for a while. I got myself a glass of cold water and wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand. I wanted to sit down so, I went inside Nanay's room where Beben was having her nap [for some reason I did not want to sit down with Nanay's visitor in the living room.]



ahmmm.. . to be continued sa.. . adto sa ko airport.. . Cebu, I'm coming!
posted on 8:12 PM
0 Comments