Sunday, June 1, 2008
10 . 9 . 8 . 7 . 6 . 5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1
Ten Things You Want To Say To Ten Different People:
1. Why do you hate me?
2. Eeeh! You don't know how much I missed you when you were away.
3. Thanks so much for everything! We don't really talk much, but I actually enjoy talking with you. You're one of the friendliest persons I know.
4. Feeling mestiza jud ka. As in.
5. Ate Buting! The recital was great! And I have to say, I really enjoyed your speech, haha.
6. I'm sorry if I wasn't so friendly to you before. I was so young, and I was kinda scared. I promise to be more friendly to you now.
7. I'm glad we're not classmates anymore. Seriously, 'di kita mamimiss. All you ever did was make me miserable.
8. I thank God for people like you! I don't think we've ever had a real conversation, but you never fail to give me a smile whenever we meet. Nakakagaan ka nang loob. :D
9. I know who hacked your Friendster account. He confessed to me.
10. Selosa kaayo na dinosaur, uy.
Nine Things About Yourself:
1. I've vomitted blood. Once.
2. I've drank soap. [as in 1 part Tide powder + 2 parts water + many many bubbles = bitter, really bitter]
3. I hate it when my sisters watch Sesame Street. There's just something about so many puppets in one show that I find a bit disturbing. Not scary, just disturbing.
4. I'm the first grandchild on both maternal and paternal sides.
5. I got depressed when we moved from Cebu to Butuan, which resulted in me becoming overweight and having damaged hair. I'm glad that part of my life is over.
6. I Y my family and friends, a lot.
7. I Y chocolate chip cookies!
8. I hate the first school I attended in Butuan.
9. You can trust me with your secrets! Honestly, if you tell me a secret and I don't find it interesting, you can count on me not to tell anyone 'cause the most probable thing that'll happen is that I'll forget all about it unless you keep reminding me, of course, which I don't recommend
Eight Ways To Win My Heart
2. Have fun with your friends
3. Be nice
4. DO NOT say bad words
5. Actually talk to me
7. DO NOT pretend to forget my name
8. Basically, it's just "be yourself".
Seven Things That Cross Your Mind a lot Through the Day:
1. God is so good.
5. Other people
6. "Mataas na presyo ng mga bilihin.. ."
7. Iced Tea, init man gud.
Six Things You Wish You Never Did:
1. Have a crush on ****** when I was a highschool freshman, 'cause, whenever I look back, I feel like crushing on him was the most stupid thing I ever did.
2. Lie about some things.
3. Jump into the water with my cellphone still in my pocket.
4. Eat green mangoes with soy sauce and salt and sugar, which resulted in fever and vomitting. This was all thanks to investigatory project buddies, Rezia and Lawrence.
5. Get jealous of *****. Because it was a total waste of my time and tears.
6. Not putting much effort on my studies. Easy-easy lang man gud ko, may gani kay naka first section pa, pero I know I can do much better, so I'll try to - with God's help of course.
Five Turn Offs:
1. bad language
2. b. o.
5. makig-away ug bata.
Four Songs That Describe Your Life:
1. When The Day Met The Night - Panic at the Disco ~eeeh, in love.
2. It's Beautiful - Eleventyseven ~that's what life is.
3. Must Have Done Something Right - Relient K ~do i really deserve all these good things? ... like you?
4. I'm Not Alright - Sanctus Real ~all i went through led me to my Savior.
Three Things You Want To Happen:
1. Graduate from highschool
2. Graduate from college
3. Find someone who'll love me and not cheat on me like most husbands in my family.
Two Things You Want To Do Before You Die:
1. Go to France, Greece, Chile, etc. Basta maglaag jud ko.
2. Apologize to the people I hurt really bad. (Although, right now, the number of people I've hurt so bad that I want to apologize to them before I die is zero.)
1. I hate it when my mother, grandmother, aunt, etc. pick out my clothes for me, especially if I don't like what they want me to wear.
P.S. Overnight Fellowship = Y
Yup, I had tons fun. even though I cried a bit cause my back hurt.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Ang kapal talaga. Ask "her" what their hair color is and she'll say it's dark brown. Haha. Ang galeng. Do I look like I'm color-blind? Tsk. I would have accepted her statement if (1) she dyed her hair dark brown, (2) she had enough European running through their veins to give her her so-called dark brown hair, but this was not the case. She would have been a pure Filipina were it not for her Japanese blood. See, she's pure Asian. Where'd she get the 'natural' dark brown hair?
Just so "she" knows, there are two types of natural black hair in this world. One type is the kind of black that looks a bit violet-ish [whaz dat? sabta nalang ko] when struck by light, while the other turns into a shade brown when sunlight shines through the strands. The first type is simply called black, while the latter is called soft black. You dig? Most Filipinas have soft black hair so please, classmate, don't treat your friends like color-blind idiots. We see, we know you don't have dark brown hair. If you did, well, I wouldn't be doing this, would I? Accept who and what you are, hair color and all. Wag ka nang mangarap ng ka-mestiza-han.
dahil ako nga na may Spanish blood hindi brown ang hair.. .
Sunday, May 25, 2008
People mimic what they find attractive,
sometimes even subconsciously.
At first, I didn't know what to make of it. I thought it was true but I wasn't really that sure. But then, I'd proven it once in my second year as a highschooler in ANHS. I noticed Rezia biting her handkerchief like Alan usually does. Before I saw her do that I already knew she, uhmm.. . liked Alan. She had always been a bit obvious about it, but she was getting really obvious. And so, I concluded that the above fact is in fact a fact.
And, uhmm.. . This is just to make things clear. Just because it looks cute [or attractive, whatever] on someone, doesn't mean it will do the same for you. I've seen wonderful faces ruined by other people's 'attractive' habits.
but i was really flattered by those who copied my lower-lip-biting, hihi. i usually do that when i'm nervous, but, sometimes, i also do it when i'm not. you know, like when i'm bored? i never really thought it looked good on me, so when i got home i stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself biting the left side of my lower lip. hmmm.. . i have to say, i didn't look ugly! haha! but anyway.. .
Sunday, May 18, 2008
(c) Modeling: [mangutana 'sa ko]
Amateur Mummifying: Fretcher Magatao
Photography: Ian Dahildahil
Photo Manipulation: Me
Idea: Medelyn Hinay [Game Master
sa "The Mummy Returns"]
Picture Taken On: May 18, 2008 - 2:46 pm
hui, joking only ha?
this is a product of
b o r e d o m
. . . . .
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
When I arrived at ANHS I realized I'd left my report card at home [I'd insterted it in a Robinson's Department Store brochure.] So, I went back home to get it. When I was just about to enter the Science Faculty Room, where Science High students were to enroll themselves, I folded out the brochure I just grabbed off the dining table. And guess what? No report card! I'd grabbed the wrong brochure.
And so, I walked out the main gate and started yet another long walk home. My house isn't really that far from school. In fact, it's actually kind of near. But after walking on San Francisco Street for the third time that day without ever sitting down, it started to feel like miles.
When I reached Building 203, I rushed immediately to the dining table, totally ignoring Nanay's visitor who was having a glass of iced tea in the living room. Impolite, yes, but I was in a hurry so, I'm sorry! I looked at the dining table. There were like twelve or more brochures [which looked a lot alike] resting their glossy paper behinds on the one-fourth inch thick glass! I searched through every Robinson's brochure on the dining table but, since I couldn't find it in any of the brochures on the dining table, my report card was obviously somewhere else.
I was starting to get frustrated. I didn't get it. Questions, both of the necessary and totally unnecessary sorts, came rushing in. Why wasn't my report card in any of the Robinson's brochures on the dining table? Why were there suddenly so many brochures in our house? Who had had such a sudden interest in brochures that was making my search more complicated than it should have been? Why was Nanay's visitor sipping iced tea in front of the electric fan and I wasn't?
I decided to make like Nanay's visitor and cool off for a while. I got myself a glass of cold water and wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand. I wanted to sit down so, I went inside Nanay's room where Beben was having her nap [for some reason I did not want to sit down with Nanay's visitor in the living room.]
Monday, May 12, 2008
New classmates, new teachers, . . . I'm really excited about the coming school year! I don't know why, but I feel like God has something special waiting for me this school year. I don't know what it's gonna be. Good or bad, I'm really excited for it! 'Cause I know things will always turn out to be good [if not, great!] in the end.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- Romans 8:28